Board of Zoning Appeals
Powers and Duties of Board
- The Board shall have the following powers and it shall be its duty to:
- Hear and determine appeals from and review any order, requirement, decision or determination made by the Building Inspector in the enforcement of this Zoning Code.
- Hear and decide on permits for conditional uses, development plans or other uses upon which the Board is required to act under this Zoning Code.
- Authorize upon appeal in specific cases such variances from the terms of this Zoning Code as will not be contrary to the public interest, where, owing to special conditions, fully demonstrated on the basis of the facts presented, a literal enforcement of the provisions of the Zoning Code will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of this Zoning Code shall be observed and substantial justice done.
- Hear and determine appeals from and review any order, requirement, decision or determination made by the Code Official in the enforcement of the Property Maintenance Code.
- In exercising its powers, the Board may reverse or affirm, wholly or partly, or may modify the order, requirement, decision or determination appealed from, as in its opinion ought to be done in the premises, and to that end shall have all the powers of the Building Inspector or Code Official from whom the appeal is taken.