Tree CommissionPowers and Duties of Commission The Tree Commission was established in 1987 (W.C.O. 2771) by the City Council of Wilmington, Ohio.
The Tree Commission was established for the following purposes:
- Provide for the preservation, protection and enhancement of trees and shrubs within the public right-of-way as an asset of vital importance.
- Prevent the irreplaceable loss to the people of the City of the aesthetic, cultural and historic values represented by trees and shrubs within the City.
- Stabilize and improve property values within the City.
- Foster civic pride in the beauty of the City and its past.
- Enhance the City's attraction as a desirable place in which to live, thereby providing an incentive for new business and industries to locate in and around the City and for established business and industries to remain in and around the City.
- Provide for the responsible and safe management of trees and shrubs within the public right-of-way.
Composition and Terms of the Board: The Tree Commission shall consist of five (5) members, no fewer than three of whom shall be residents of the City, and one of whom shall be a member of the Wilmington Garden Club designated by the Club for membership on said Commission. Each member shall serve a term of two (2) years. There shall be no limit to the number of terms a member may serve.