Police records are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. by coming to the Police Department. All traffic crashes are $4.00 each, and regular police reports ar .5 cents a page. You may also receive the report by doing the following:
- Send us a self addressed stamped envelope.
- A letter requesting the report.
- The letter will need to include the date of the crash, at least one name of the involved party, and the location of the crash if known.
- A check made payable to the Wilmington Police Department for reports.
- Requests should be mailed to: City of Wilmington Police Department, 69 N. South St., Wilmington, OH 45177
If you need pictures from a police report they are .30 cents a page. You may call our records department and see if pictures are available as well as how many so you can send the correct amount. Our Police Records Office can be reached at 937-382-6528.
Vehicle Impoundment Retrival Process
If you have a vehicle that has been impounded you will need to do the following to get it out:
- Obtain a court ordered release
- Obtain your license plates from the court
Once you have obtained the above listed items you will need to come to our Records Department between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (Closed Holidays) and pay the tow bill and any storage fees ($10.00 a day). If you don't have a valid license to drive you will need to bring a licensed driver with you. Also, if you don't have license plates or insurance you will need to have your vehicle towed away from the impound lot.
Yard Sale Permits
Yard sale permits are available through the Records Department. Yard sale permits are $2.00 each and are good for 3 days. Please see the following for restrictions on yard sale permits:
- You may have two permits a year per address
- All permits must be displayed (must be visible from the front of your residence)
- You can only post one sign for a yard sale. The sign must be at the location of the yard sale and can not exceed four (4) square feet (2 feet by 2 feet in size).
Parking tickets may be paid Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Auditor's Office or after hours in the brown dropbox in the back lot of the Municipal Building. Use the envelope provided to make payment.
How to obtain salvage titles
Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles has changed its requirements to get salvage titles. The Police Department will only process requests for salvage titles on a vehicle that we requested to be towed. These requests take time and will usually take two weeks to complete. Once completed you will be notified and will have to pay for all cost associated with this.
If you towed a car off a private lot at the request of a private party or have a car that was left on your lot and you're wanting a salvage title, please visit the BMV's website and print Form 3702 and follow the instructions.
Any questions please call BMV's Unclaimed/Abandoned Vehicle Department at 614-728-0649.